WiCyS UArizona Chapter Meeting - September 14
- The 2nd Annual Southern Arizona Intelligence Summit will be held on October 13 and focus on “Diversity in the Intelligence Community.” The Keynote Speaker will be the Director of National Intelligence, Avril Haines. For more information: https://iio.azcast.arizona.edu/content/summit
- The College of Applied Science & Technology (CAST) is offering a limited number of travel scholarships for students to attend the SAIS. For students who qualify, CAST will provide funds to pay for travel to and from the event, two nights at a hotel near the SAIS venue, meals and expenses for the three authorized travel days. To apply: https://uarizona.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_etWZl5Cy4AK0kXY?jfefe=new
- If you are interested in being an instructor for a high school cybersecurity bootcamp, please email Crystal. The bootcamp will be virtual, October 10-14. You will not be required to be available for the entire week. It is a great experience and can also be included on your resume.
- National Cyber League registration has begun and gymnasium is open The individual game will be October 21-23 and the team game will be November 4-6. Go to https://cyberskyline.com/events/ncl for more information.
- NSA Codebreaker Challenge is underway and open until December 9. For more information: https://nsa-codebreaker.org/home
- WISE is hosting the Launching Your Career Symposium with Keynote Speaker, Dr. Lekelia Jenkins on September 22 & 23 in the UArizona Student Union. Crystal will be on a panel discussion representing Uarizona WiCyS on Friday at 2:30pm. https://wise.arizona.edu/launching-your-career-symposium
If you have any events or announcements to add, please email Crystal.
We will be created three committees:
- Speaker Selection Committee – will be responsible for finding cybersecurity professionals to speak during our meetings and events. If events are in person, we will always try to provide a virtual component since we have remote members of our organization. Lindsey will be the committee chair.
- Fundraising Committee – will be responsible for planning fundraising events. The funds will go to sponsoring WiCyS national memberships, sending UArizona WiCyS members to the national WiCyS conference, assisting with costs associated with training and certificate testing. Rachel will be the committee chair.
- Community Sponsorship and Partnership – will be responsible for contacting organizations, student, non-profit businesses and for-profit business, for partnerships or sponsorships. Partnerships will work with us to produce events. If events are in person, we will always try to provide a virtual component since we have remote members of our organization. Sponsorships will provide financial support for events and specific UArizona WiCyS programs. Yoselinne will be the committee chair.
Committees will have an opportunity to meet during the normal club meetings so additional time out of your schedule will be limited. Please be thinking about which committee you would like to be serving on.
Remember that club and committee participation can be great additions to your resume.
Next Week: Career pathway tools, committee break out groups
If you have anything you would like to add to the agenda, please email Crystal.